Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Simple Pleasure

I love knitting, you all know that. It's not all about having a finished something, though I couldn't just swatch forever.
I love the yarn, the way each different one winds its own magic through my fingers. Thick, thin, slubby, silky, natural.
The colours, even if they aren't the ones that I would choose for myself. Muted, bright, rich, tweedy, variegated.
When a swatch is blocking, I love the smell of wet wool. I love knowing that this square will be The Key. That even though math was never my best or favourite subject, that the numbers that swatch holds will never lead me astray.
I really love the way one stitch joins with the one beside it and below it, creating a fabric with its own magic.
And I will always enjoy the simple pleasures of basic stitches - garter, stockinette, and ribbing.

Ahhhhh, I can't help it.

Here is the simple thing I've done so far today.


And then I did the Shaping Plan.


Keeps me on the straight and narrow ;)

Petey has been mopey today. Not poorly, but just going and laying in the small crate rather than laying at my feet. He's 11 months old, maybe he's a moody teenager??
Chica has been obsessed with her ball. She will play with it all day. And by "she will", I mean that as long as I toss it, she'll bring it back. And it's not like I have a lot of choice. She brings it and if I'm not fast enough for her, she'll nose it, then look up at me.





This'll happen a few times then there will be the yipping. I think that she may die of neglect and boredom when I go back to work!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment